Thursday, April 4, 2013

Little Leaves & Butterflies

Woohoo! I'm so excited to share with you today, and with Pink Paper Bakery! I have always adored butterflies, and lately, I have been adding butterflies to many of my cards. With the fabulous stamp set Papillon Potpourri, and coordinating punches (Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly), who wouldn't?! (Here's another favorite, and simple, Papillon Potpourri card)

Spring is in the air, over at SU Only Challenge blog, so I knew I should continue this butterfly craze I've been on!


I set out to make this card, only knowing that I wanted to put a bunch of leaves in a frame. The Little Leaves Sizzlit die was perfect for this mission! I cut out several in Very Vanilla, and began adhering them to the back side of a Very Vanilla frame (3 1/2" x 4 3/4" outside dimensions, with a 1/2" border). Once I finished this process, I put Stampin' Dimensionals all over the backside, so the leaves would adhere. I stuck my leafy frame onto a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock (3 3/4" x 5"). I was thrilled with the dimensional look!


I thought about adding a very small sentiment to the bottom, but some cards just don't need sentiments. I can send this for almost any occasion! If I want, I can always stamp a sentiment on the inside ☺.



Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Papillon Potpourri (123757 wood/ 123759 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 4 1/4" x 11" (scored at 5 1/2"); 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" with center cut out, leaving a 1/2" border.
    • Lucky Limeade card stock (122926) - 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade (126984)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Little Leaves Sizzlit die (114511)
    • Bitty Butterfly Punch (129406)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Papillon Potpourri

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

24 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so elegant! Love the framed scene. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the framing of the leaves! Beautiful work, Deena! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a LOVELY card. Love all the leaves and butterflies, and you're right...it doesn't need a sentiment. Thanks for sharing your project with SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so original it's just refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Looks like a real picture in a frame! Thanks for playing along with the spring challenge this time on SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the Spring challenge! Thanks, Connie!

      Delete
  7. Deena this is amazing! Gorgeous! Glad to see you this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So-o-o pretty and such a clever design!! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to think outside or inside the box. adorable card. had to get all the info on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christi! I hope my notes were clear.

      Delete
  10. WHAT A GORGEOUS CARD!!!! I would Love to case this card If you don't MIND??!!! I sure would give you all the credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CASE away, Laura! Thank you, so glad you like it.

      Delete
  11. I'm soooo gonna give this a try! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darcie! It's like a mini puzzle, not difficult at all, just takes a little time.

      Delete
  12. This is FANTASTIC Deena!!!!!! So glad you shared how you made it. It seems pretty obvious once you read how but I actually thought there was some die out there I needed. I have this one though so can try it out myself.

    Beautiful.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete