Monday, April 22, 2013

Create a Cupcake, YUM!

Lately I've been digging out the stamp sets that I haven't used in a while. Create a Cupcake hasn't gotten any love in a while, so I figured it was time.

I often save pictures of cards for CASEing or inspiration later. I saw a cute card using the cupcake from Patterned Occasions, tucked into a banner. I'd like to give credit to the designer, but my saved photo didn't have the designer's name. I loved the idea, so I did something similar.

The banner is from Pool Party Core'dinations card stock. This card stock is so cool! You can emboss it and then take a sanding block to it for an awesome effect. Unfortunately, I was so excited with the direction my card was going, that I forgot to emboss it! Oh well, I love the original texture anyway ☺.

So, first I cut the banner, and then ran it through my Big Shot with an oval Framelit. On a piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the cupcake bottom in Chocolate Chip. I punched out the icing using the Cupcake Builder punch, stamped Chocolate Chip sprinkles, and added it to my cupcake with a Stampin' Dimensional. The cherry is punched (Cupcake Builder) from Real Red card stock, and the stem was colored with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker.

I added Dimensionals to the back of the banner, and centered my cupcake layer behind it. I then stamped the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment onto Whisper White card stock, cut the little strip by hand, and added it to the banner, along with some Pool Party Baker's Twine. Then I finished assembling my card.


Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Create a Cupcake (121915 wood/ 121982 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Chocolate Chip card stock (102128) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Real Red card stock (102482) - 4" x 5 1/4", plus scrap for the cherry
    • Pool Party Core'dinations card stock (129321) - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 2" x 3 1/2", plus scrap for greeting and 'icing'
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip (126979), Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker (included in Neutrals Collection -119703)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Stripes embossing folder (123128)
    • Ovals Collection Framelits (129381)
    • Cupcake Builder punch (121807)
    • Pool Party Baker's Twine (125574)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Create a Cupcake (click to enlarge)



It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment