Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Collage Curio Accent

Sometimes I have difficulty creating with small images, but I was determined to use the Collage Curios stamp set last night. Although the cute little bee didn't end up being a focal point, I think it added some cute accents.

I like the simplicity of this layout. I made a similar clean and simple card, also using the Blossom punch.


I have seen several people use Designer Series Paper inside the embossed honeycomb pattern, and so I thought I would try my patience. I'm so glad I did! I used the Tea for Two Designer Series Paper from the Spring Mini Catalog, and it wasn't bad at all. I put a piece of all three patterns inside the embossing folder, together, and ran them through the Big Shot. Then I just snipped around the hexagons.


To make this Blossom punch flower a little fluffier, I clipped between the petals to elongate them. Then I rolled the petals over a fat pen, curling the bottom layer down, and the top layer up. I adhered them together with a glue dot, and then added a piece of Flower Trim to the flower's center.


Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Collage Curios (129099 wood/ 129102 clear); Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2";  2" x 5 1/2"; 5/8" x 3 7/8"
    • Lucky Limeade card stock (122926)  - 3/4" x 4"
    • Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (129311)
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade (126984) and So Saffron (126957)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Honeycomb Embossing Folder (129378)
    • Blossom Punch (125603)
    • Flower Trim (126869)



It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of both the DP and Honeycomb EF. Love your clean style!

    ReplyDelete