Friday, April 12, 2013

Card Inspiration x2

I was going through cards, looking for some inspiration, and I came across a butterfly card, I made, using the Swallowtail background stamp.


I liked the card layout and the colors. After checking out this weeks Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge. I had inspiration to create two new cards! The first card I made I used the exact same layout as the butterfly card, including dimensions. I went with a monochromatic scheme, in Calypso Coral! I'm so glad Calypso is part of the new Color Refresh, that Stampin' Up! is doing!


Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Sunflower background (123606 wood/ 123608 clear), Delightful Dozen (122650 wood/ 122652 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) -4 1/4" x 11" (score in half at 5 1/2"), and 3/4" x 4 1/4"
    • Calypso Coral card stock (122925) -2 pcs 1/2" x 4 1/4" (the left piece is glued to the top of the white layer, and the right piece is glued underneath the white layer)
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) -  4 1/4" x 4 1/4", and 5/8" x 4 1/4"
  • Ink: Calypso Coral (126983)
  • Ribbon: Calypso Coral Sale-a-Bration ribbon (retired)


I used the color inspiration, and joined Create with Connie and Mary's sketch challenge. What a great layout!
2013 Thursday Challenges-010



Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Summer Silhouettes (126445 wood/ 126447 clear), Papillon Potpourri (123757 wood/ 123759 clear), and Fabulous Phrases (117002 wood/ 120501 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 5/8" x 3 1/4"
    • Early Espresso card stock  (119686)- 4 x 5 1/4", and 1" x 4 1/4" (punched)
    • Pool Party card stock (122924) - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 1 7/8" x 5"
  • Ink: Early Espresso (126974), and Pool Party (126982)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Stripes Embossing Folder (123128)
    • Labels Collection Framelits (125598)
    • Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch (119275)
    • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309-circle)
    • 1/8" circle punch
    • Bitty Butterfly punch (129406)
    • Linen Thread (104199)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Tips: I used the heck out of my Stamp-a-ma-jig for this card. I wanted to be sure all of my images were perfectly aligned. I love this tool! The tag was created using the Labels Collection Framelits. Make sure to put it through the Big Shot as shown, and only cover the portion to be cut with the acrylic plate. then you can cut your tag to the desired length.



Let me know if you have any questions! I'm always more than happy to help!

 It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

10 comments:

  1. A clever way to have all different tag styles and sizes - fabulous! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tag! What a simple and pretty color scheme! And so classic! Love it!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful - very soothing colors and I love how you made the tag! Thank you for the visual on how you made it. Thank you for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these...and thanks for the tip about cutting the tag! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty choice of colors for your card, and I love that you made a tag out of the vertical element! Thanks for sharing how you made it, and for joining us at the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card for the CCMC challenge! Love how you did the tag...just another great use of our framelits. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZA!!! I just LOVE you card and the colors are simply FABULOUS!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOO!!! Love your gorgeous card and the little framelit tip to make tags! Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about your card! Congrats on getting in the top 3! Well deserved!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, your card is beautiful! I was "so wondering" about that top of the tag and am thrilled to see how you did it and how easy it is to do too. I was inspired by this card a couple of weeks ago and made something similar to it... I'll have to show it to you. :) Thanks for sharing your talent and beauties with us, I love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete