Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby Girl Card

I'm at a time in my life where I'm done having babies, and my friends are too (unless someone surprises me!). I haven't had to make a baby card in quite a while, so when my husband sent me a message asking to make one for someone at work, I was on it! I was so excited to make something a little different; sweet, cute, innocent, and pink!

 
I started with a Whisper White card base, and punched the edge with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. To show off the border, I added a strip of Pink Pirouette card stock to the inside edge of the card. Polka Dots are a must for babies! I embossed a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, and glued that down, with another thin strip of Pink Pirouette, then added Whisper White Taffeta ribbon just above that. I cut the ovals out with the Ovals Collection Framelits, and added the 'Sweet Pea' sentiment with Pretty in Pink ink (Pink Pirouette was a little too light).
 

I am in LOVE with the flower trim! I snipped off a few flowers and used my Pretty in Pink Marker to color the tops of the flowers. I then spritzed the flowers with water to soften and blend in the color. After the flowers dried (about 10 min), I adhered them with glue dots.


Stampin Materials:
  • Stamps: Little Angel (retired)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 1 3/4" x 5 1/2", plus extra for oval
    • Pink Pirouette card stock (111351) 1/2" x 5 1/2" (inside edge), 1/4" x 5 1/2", plus extra for oval
  • Ink:
    • Pretty in Pink ink pad (126955) and marker (100045)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335)
    • Ovals Collection Framelits (129381)
    • Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
    • 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070)
    • Flower Trim (126869)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)



It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

FREE SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL ORDERS APRIL 6 - 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment