Friday, April 26, 2013

A Sunflower, Sent with Love!

The Sent with Love promotion is coming to an end, April 30. I love this collection, especially because I live far away from my family! It's fun to decorate my envelopes with the Sent with Love stamp set, and I love adding the sentiments to my cards! I usually unload most of my retiring stamp sets at the end of the catalog, but this one is going to be a keeper!

Have you seen the retiring lists? Don't miss out on those stamp sets and accessories that you love! Many of the accessories are marked down, so take advantage of the sale!

 
 I'm back on the Sunflower kick! At first I thought it was too big of a stamp for cards, but I discovered that it's definitely not. For this card I used Baja Breeze as my primary color (Did you know Baja Breeze is part of the Color Refresh, and is leaving us?). I stamped my Baja Breeze layer with VersaMark, added clear embossing powder, and heat set it. Then I used Whisper White Craft ink and sponged the flower to help bring out a little definition (then wiped off the excess ink with a tissue). I used an Aqua Painter, picked up Baja Breeze ink from the lid of my ink pad, and painted the outside edges of the Sunflower, to give a shadow appearance.


The center piece is wrapped with Baja Breeze Seam Binding ribbon. I cut out a Whisper White butterfly with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, and stamped it with the Sunflower stamp to give it some interest. I completed the card with 'Sent with love' in Early Espresso ink, and 3 little pearls for some added balance and a touch of elegance.

Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps:  Sunflower (123606 wood/ 123608 clear), and Sent with Love (131847 clear only)
  • Paper:
    • Early Espresso card stock (119686) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 1 1/4" x 4"
    • Baja Breeze card stock (no longer available) 4" x 5 1/4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 1" x 4", plus extra for the butterfly
  • Ink:
    • Early Espresso (126974)
    • Baja Breeze (no longer available)
    • VersaMark (102283)
    • Whisper White craft ink (101731)
  • Tools and Accessories
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (114507)
    • Clear Embossing Powder (109130)
    • Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon (122331)
    • Aqua Painter (103954)
    • Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
Sent with Love stamp set (click to enlarge)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment