Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vine Street Embossing Folder


The Vine Street Embossing Folder is a great Freebie Sale-A-Bration product! I have to admit, I didn't like it much in the catalog. It only took seeing a few samples for me to change my mind. I used the new Ombre Technique with it, and I'm very happy with the outcome!

 
The Ombre Technique is very easy. I very lightly (because I was working with an embossed surface) sponged on three colors, overlapping them slightly to blend them. With St. Patrick's Day still on my brain, I selected greens for this technique; Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Gumball Green. They all work perfectly together! Make sure you work from light to dark. I tried this with both Whisper White and Very Vanilla card stocks, and I liked the look of the Vanilla better.

 
The Lucky Day single stamp paired perfectly with this look! I used Certainly Celery and Gumball Green ink for the image, and finished the image off with a green Sharpie colored Rhinestone Basic Jewel.

Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Lucky Day single stamp (129177)
  • Paper:
    • Gumball Green card stock (126840) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) 4" x 5 1/4" and 2 1/2" x 4"
  • Ink:
    • Certainly Celery (126958)
    • Wild Wasabi (126959)
    • Gumball Green (126861)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Vine Street Embossing Folder (130492) Free with a qualifying order, through March 22nd.
    • Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (126848)
    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)




It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment