Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Open Sea, Sketch Challenge

I took on a sketch challenge last night, from The Paper Players. I combined two stamp sets, The Open Sea, and Sent with Love. Sent with Love is part of a special collection that also contains paper, and baker's twine; bundles are available at a discount. This promotion is only available through April 30th.


I ended up with a nice masculine card, that would be perfect to send to a long distance family member, and could be used for many different occasions.

The background log image is stamped in Night of Navy. I stamped it off onto my grid paper first, and then onto the Vanilla card stock, so the image would be slightly lighter. I chose to repeat the compass image several times, instead of doing a regular scallop trim. I didn't want to add any feminine touches to this card. I simply punched out a portion of the compass with my 3/4" circle punch, and alternated the pattern by turning the compass 90 degrees.


To line up the airplane image on the background piece and the circle. I laid only the Vanilla 1" circle, already stamped with 'Sent with Love', on top of the Vanilla background piece. I stamped them at the same time, and then backed the circle with a Crumb Cake 1 1/4" circle.

 Lots of Dimensionals!

Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: The Open
  • Sea (123030 wood/ 123032 clear) and Sent with Love (131847 clear only, available only through April 30)
  • Paper:
    • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Garden Green card stock (102584) 1" x 5 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" and 3" x 4", plus scrap
  • Ink:
    • Garden Green (126973), Night of Navy (126970), and Crumb Cake (126975)
  • Tools:
    • 3/4" (119873), 1" (119868) and 1 1/4" (119861) circle punches.
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

4 comments:

  1. Marvelous card! I love all of the straight, clean lines. And I love the row of circles that peek out to make a cool trim on the side. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined these sets...perfect masculine card. I was just thinking that I hadn't inked up this set for a while! Your vertical border is very clever too! So happy you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I think Sent with Love warms up The Open Sea.

      Delete