Friday, March 29, 2013

Sunflower Sketch

I love a clean and simple card. When I saw this sketch on Create with Connie and Mary, I was definitely up for the challenge!

I used Stampin' Up!'s Sunflower background stamp for my focal point. First, I inked up the flower petals with Daffodil Delight, then I used a Pumpkin Pie Marker to ink up some of the petals, and Pumpkin Pie ink with a Sponge Dauber to darken the petals close to the flower center. The center is inked with Chocolate Chip ink.


I kept the white space, but added interest with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I love this sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness. What is more sun shiny than a sunflower?!



Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Sunflower Background (123606 wood/ 123608 clear), and Pursuit of Happiness (121907 wood/ 121970 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"; 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"; 2" x 3 7/8"
    • Early Espresso card stock ( 119868) 4" x 5 1/4"
    • Pumpkin Pie card stock (105117) 1/2" x 3 7/8"
  • Ink:
    • Ink Pads: Early Espresso (126974), Daffodil Delight (126944), Pumpkin Pie (126945)
    • Markers: Pumpkin Pie (105115), Chocolate Chip (available in Neutrals Collection 119703),
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119959)
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335)
    • Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

 
 It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

18 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!!!! I will CASE for sure! Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I'm so excited that you want to CASE it! CASE away!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the partial sunflower peeking over the bottom piece! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie! I had fun playing along!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love all the white space! The partial sunflower and clever coloring of the stamp is just genius! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love how you've used the partial sunflower as your main image. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I LOVE how you did the sunflower image in the corner! I really like this! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...this is absolutely STUNNING!!! LOVE how you used the sunflower as just a partial image...GORGEOUS...simply GORGEOUS!! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mary! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  7. Goodness this is pretty Deena! Love your take on the sketch and the partial stamping of the sunflowers - just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this card and the sunflower is beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card Deena!!! The sunflower stamp will definitely be on my next order! :)

    ReplyDelete