Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pleasant Poppies


I love driving along the highway in California and seeing the beautiful poppies along the road. There is nothing like a warm, bright sunny day, and seeing lots of flowers. I'm having a flashback, because I now live in North Carolina and although it's beautiful here, it's miserably cold right now! Anyway, I guess it's those memories that make me love the Pleasant Poppies background stamp so much.
 
 
  I stamped the lovely Pleasant Poppies background stamp onto Whisper White card stock using Stazon Ink. I stamped the top flower again on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, hand cut it out and adhered it on top of the flower, to extend it above the rectangle. I colored them in with an orange watercolor pencil, an Old Olive ink pad, and a Blender Pen.


I love the accent of the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch underneath the Poppy layer. After adhering the Poppy layer with Stampin' Dimensionals (set the Dimensionals back, away from the edge so you can add the scalloped piece), I put small dots of liquid Tombo adhesive on the scalloped piece and carefully slid it into place. As you can see, it just peeks out a little bit.

 
Although it's difficult to see, with the white on white, I added another piece of Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, just under the top side of the Pumpkin Pie layer. The sentiment is from Sweet Essentials stamp set.
 
 
Supplies List: 
  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies background stamp (126480 wood/ 129499 clear), Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 2 1/2" x 3 3/4"
    • Pumpkin Pie card stock (105117) - 2 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • Ink:
    • Watercolor Pencils (101879)
    • Old Olive ink pad (126953)
    • StazOn ink (101406)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Blender Pens (102845)
    • Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border (119275)
    • Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
       
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment