Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pleasant Poppies Watercolor

You can't go wrong with a watercolor look; it's expected to have a variation in shades. I think that's one of the reasons why I like it so much.

For this card I stamped the Pleasant Poppies background stamp onto a piece of  2 1/4" x 3 3/4" Whisper White card stock with Versamark ink. I re-stamped, onto a separate piece of Whisper White, the flowers that went beyond the edge of my 2 1/4" x 3 3/4" layer. Then I cut them out and adhered them, on top of the partial flowers, so it appears they are off the edge of the card stock.

I used an Aqua Painter along with my ink pads, to color in the images. When using an Aqua Painter with Whisper White card stock, you want to be sure your Aqua Painter is not saturated with water, and that you work extremely fast. Whisper White card stock will not stand up to a lot of water. For that reason, it's sometimes better to work with watercolor paper. Note: Don't pick up ink directly off your ink pad. Squeeze the lid of your ink pad against the pad, to create an ink spot in the lid. Pull color from this spot.


 
The background script piece of paper is a piece of Whisper White card stock, stamped with En Francais background stamp. The Tangerine Tango layer is a piece of Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper.
 
Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (126480 wood/ 129499 clear), and En Francais (109521 wood only)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730)
      • 4 1/4" x 11" (scored at 5 1/2")
      • 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"
      • 2 3/4" x 5 1/2"
    • Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (125409) 1 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406), Tangerine Tango (126946), and Lucky Limeade (126984)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Aqua Painter (103954)
    • Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon- 3/8" (109070)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



No comments:

Post a Comment