Sunday, March 24, 2013

How to Make Paper Flowers

Yesterday I posted my newly decorated Spring niche, and my trial and error homemade chalkboard. I really wanted to share the rest of my homemade Spring decorations with you, yesterday as well, but I thought it might be better overwhelm you incredibly long post (and fabulous ideas!).

The theme of my Springtime niche is Butterflies and Blooms. I love them both dearly, and I have to admit that I keep showing up in front of this decorated area of my home, standing there smiling ☺.


I found this picture frame a couple years ago and had to have it; for what I didn't know, but I'm so glad that I bought it! I trimmed it out with the Flower Trim from the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini catalog, and added a simple butterfly image; Swallowtail background stamp, in Sahara Sand ink, on Whisper White card stock. I covered the books with miscellaneous Designer Series Paper, and set them under the frame for height.


That brings me to the paper flowers! I have been meaning to make flowers ever since I saw a beautiful paper flower arrangement my downline, Salpi, made. Then I saw a blog post, by Stampin' Up!, which created a similar flower to my Calypso Coral flower, and I thought, now is the time!!

I put my flowers in a recycled spice jar from Target. Thank you Archer Farms!
 
I made a video tutorial to show you how to make paper flowers. You can add stems, or add them to packages, tags, cards, or even cupcakes! Have fun!
 
 
 
 
 
Stampin' Materials:
 
Flowers
  • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
  • Originals Blossom Party Die
  • Stampin' Pierce Mat
  • Stylus
  • Calypso Coral and Pink Pirouette card stock
  • Pearl Basic Jewels
  • Floral Wire
  • Glue Gun, High Temperature
Frame
  • Vanilla Flower Trim (126869)
 

 
 It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment