Thursday, March 21, 2013

Color Challenge Card

It's my day to post over at Pink Paper Bakery. Sometimes a card challenge helps to spark my creativity. Today was one of those days, so I went on a card challenge hunt! I found a great color challenge over at Fab Friday. I absolutely love these colors together! The best part is it's a new color combination for me.

While I was hopping around several of the challenge blogs, I also stumbled onto SUO Challenges, which has an Easter Parade theme. The color challenge from Fab Friday was perfect for SUO's theme, so I combined the two together!

 
Making paper flowers takes a little time, but it's well worth it! For the large flower, start with a 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, punched in Pink Pirouette. Sponge the edges in Pink Pirouette ink. Then clip every other scallop to create petals. Use a stylus to curl the petals. Adhere two scallops together to get this look. I made a Valentine banner with these paper flowers, back in January. I made a YouTube video tutorial on how to make paper flowers, for this banner. It was my first video, and it's a little long, but it's a great visual.
 
The pearls and a Vintage Faceted Designer Button to the center of my flowers. I gave them a little color first, with a Sharpie Marker. Immediately after coloring them, I wiped off the gems with a tissue, to lighten the color. Sharpies are permanent, so you have to work a little fast (mostly on the pearls).
 
Ingredients:
  • Stamps: Delightful Dozen (122650 wood/ 122652 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Sahara Sand card stock (121043) 5 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    • Whisper White card stock (101730) 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"
    • Calyspo Coral card stock (122925) 2pcs 3/4" x 3 3/4"
    • Lucky Limeade card stock (122926)
    • Pink Pirouette card stock (111351)
  • Ink: Sahara Sand (126976) and Pirouette Pink (126956)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335)
    • Stylus - for curling the flower petals (122334)
    • 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854)
    • Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
    • Boho Blossoms Punch (119858)
    • Basic Pearl Jewels (119247)
    • Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555)
    • 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070)
    • Linen Thread (104199)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Deena! I love the flowers, and your CAS layout is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, I did CAS this card layout. (I wrote this post so early this morning I forgot to include that) I have no idea who or where this sketch was from. Can you tell me who I should give the credit to?

      Delete
    2. I think that Amy meant that your design was CAS (Clean And Simple) and not that it was a CASE. So many acronyms! Have a great day! :-)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and a flowery Easter card is the perfect use of these colors. I love your paper flowers- they are lovely and so well done. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So spring like! Your handmade flowers are great and I love that you matched the pearls and buttons to go with the color combination! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete