Wednesday, March 6, 2013

By the Seashore Birthday Card


I'm ready to ditch this winter, skip spring, and jump right into summer! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for beach weather. The truth is, I'm always ready for beach weather! With the beach on my brain, I turned up the heat to my craft room and settled in with my By the Seashore stamp set.

(Side note: I will be having a card class this month, called From the Sea. Visit my event calendar for details.)


 
 I love the idea of the Triple Mat technique, but sometimes it can look a little too busy for my taste. I scaled mine back to two layers, and I really like the outcome. I cut two piece of Whisper White card stock and layered them before stamping the By the Seashore seashells (say that ten times fast!) with Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand ink. I then separated them and added the Sahara Sand layers, tied on the Linen Thread, and added Stampin Dimensionals between the top layer and the card base.

 
The Make A Wish sentiment is from Sweet Essentials, and goes perfect with the cut out, Baja Breeze, sea star, that I added last with a Stampin Dimensional.


Materials:

  • Stamps: By the Seashore (126530 wood/ 126532 clear) and Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Sahara Sand card stock (121043) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 3" x 4 1/4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4" and 2 3/4" x 4"
  • Ink: Sahara Sand (126976) and Baja Breeze (126960)
  • Accessories: Linen Thread (104199) and Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.


No comments:

Post a Comment