Blooming with Kindness; How could you not like a stamp set with a name like that?! Well this was another one of those sets that I didn't care for when I first saw it in the catalog. Fortunately, my upline, Kim, let me borrow it for a few days. I borrowed it to CASE (copy) a card, and then I designed my own, using a layout from Freshly Made Sketches. I now like this flower, it's a gentle flower, it's a kind flower! Alright, enough of my cheesy talk. Check out what I made with this flower and the card sketch.
I used the emboss resist technique on the flower. I stamped the image with Versamark ink onto Whisper White card stock, sprinkled on clear embossing powder, and then heat set it with my heat tool. I then sponged on Certainly Celery ink, starting from the flower center and working out.
My butterfly didn't photograph the way I would have liked, but I promise in person it's gorgeous! I used a piece of shrink plastic (I think a milk carton would work well too), and cut out a butterfly with my Beautiful Butterflies die. I used Crystal Effect over the entire butterfly and swirled in small bits of Tangerine Tango reinker with a straight pin. If you have more patience than me, you won't have to make three of them because you touched it before it dried. Take my advice and walk away for a little bit. I made a butterfly card using this technique before, I think I had a lot more self control that time!
- Stamps: Blooming with Kindness (126420 wood/ 126422 clear)
- Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (card base) and 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Certainly Celery card stock (105125)- 3/4" x 5 1/2"
- Tangerine Tango card stock (111349) - 1" x 5 1/2"
- Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (125409) - 2" x 4 1/4"
- Clear (translucent) Shrink Plastic
- Certainly Celery ink pad (126958)
- Tangerine Tango reinker (111841)
- Versamark pad (102283)
- Tools & Accessories:
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
- Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (114507)
- Crystal Effects (101055)
- 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- Clear Embossing Powder (109130)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.