Monday, February 11, 2013

Tea Shoppe

I'm a tea girl. I love drinking herbal teas for relaxation, and for energy! Not that I usually need tea for energy; I have an excess of that.

When I saw the Tea for Two Designer Series Paper in the the new Spring Mini Catalog, I decided it was time to pull out my neglected Tea Shoppe stamp set, and give it some love.

I am always making traditional, invitation size cards, because of the envelopes I have on hand. Well, I decided to try something a little different that still fit in the invitation size envelopes, and I'm so happy I did! I used the largest scallop oval, from the Ovals Collection Framelits, to create my card base.

 
  I glued an 1 1/2" strip of DSP to the Very Vanilla layer, before cutting out the oval. That way I didn't have to try to match anything up after. Next, I added the So Saffron strip. Then I stamped the tea cups in Lucky Limeade, Bashful Blue, and Calypso Coral (to match the DSP), hand cut them out and stacked them up, with Dimensionals, of course! After stamping the sentiment, I adorned the card with a tiny little punch flower and pearl.

 
Watch my video tutorial to see how to align the backside of this card without distorting the front of the card.
 
 
Materials:
  • Stamps: Tea Shoppe (125545 wood/ 125547 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Early Espresso card stock (119686) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", cut 2 scallops with Oval framelits
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 4" x 5"
    • So Saffron card stock (105118) - 1/4" x 4 1/2"
    • Calypso Coral card stock (122925) - scrap for flower
    • Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (129311) - 1 1/2" x 5"
  • Ink:
    • Lucky Limeade (126984)
    • Bashful Blue (126961)
    • Calypso Coral (126983)
    • Early Espresso (126974)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Ovals Collection Framelits (129381)
    • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
    • Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
 



It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



No comments:

Post a Comment