Monday, February 18, 2013

Lucky Me

I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but I love an occasion to decorate and make cards for! This is my first St. Patrick's Day project, a clean and simple card.

For the background, I used the Stripes embossing folder. I glued a strip of white card stock, stamped with the Lucky You sentiment, to the bottom of the layer. Instead, you could emboss just a portion of the layer, but I didn't end up rolling that way ☺. I then wrapped Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine around the two layers a few times, securing on the backside.


To make the clover, I used the Full Heart punch, and hand cut the stem. I glued them all together and covered the "mess" with a button! I popped up the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

 
Materials:
  • Stamp Set: Afterthoughts (retired)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
    • Old Olive card stock (100702) - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
    • Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (126902)
  • Ink: Old Olive (126953)
  • Embellishments:
    • Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (125572)
    • Brights Designer Buttons (119747)
  • Tools:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting machine (113439)
    • Stripes Embossing Folder (123128)
    • Full Heart Punch (119883)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment