Friday, February 8, 2013

Get Well Soon

My husband asked me to make a get well soon card for a little girl (daughter of a man he works with) who was seriously injured in a car accident. I wanted to make a card that would brighten her day. A few years ago, Merri Jensen (one of my downline), made a card like this using a now retired stamp set and butterfly punch. I have always loved that card, and it still hangs in my craft room today! I knew this was the perfect occasion to recreate it, using Papillon Potpourri.

 
 The white strips on the card base help to give some interest to the all white background. I simply stamped the butterfly image with Basic Black ink, onto different card stock colors, then punched them out. I adhered each butterfly with a single glue dot, and bent the wings slightly. Super simple!


I hope this card brings a smile to her little face, and I hope she gets to go home soon, and has a full recovery.

Materials:
  • Stamps: Papillon Potpourri (123757 wood/ 123759 clear), and Delightful Dozen (122650 wood/ 122652 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) -
      • 1pc - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
      • 3pc - 1 1/4" x 5 1/4" (corners rounded)
    • Melon Mambo, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, and Rich Razzleberry, card stock scraps.
  • Ink: Basic Black (126980)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Elegant Butterfly punch (127526)
    • Glue Dots (103683)
 
 

 

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.




1 comment: