Tuesday, February 5, 2013

By the Tide

By the Tide is a new stamp set from the Spring Mini catalog. I really liked it when I first saw it, by I had no idea what I would do with it. After my sister, Jenny, posted a card on Pink Paper Bakery, using this set, I was sold! By the Tide is a really versatile set. Think about it...who doesn't love the ocean? Okay, I do I know one person, but that's only one person, and he is a very picky person, so I don't think that counts.

My card today is a scenic card! Maybe even a little port-holish! The background is sponged with Pool Party ink, on Pool Party card stock. I used a torn piece of paper to mask off areas, and created an ocean wave look. I stamped the seaweed with Whisper White craft ink, and made a mixture of Whisper White and Iridescent Ice embossing powder, and heat set it. I wish I could have captured the sparkle!

The seahorses and fish were stamped with Tangerine Tango and Island Indigo, onto Whisper White card stock, and then hand cut, and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

 
 I used the Ovals Collection framelits for the 'frame', along with the Fancy Fan embossing folder. Make sure you do the embossing after you cut out the oval, so you don't mess up your texture. I popped the frame up with Stampin' Dimensionals to give it a 3d effect. The pearls for bubble, yeah, I stole that idea from my sister. Sisters are the best!!


Materials:
  • Stamps: By the Tide (129117 wood/ 129120 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Pool Party card stock (122924) - 4 1/4" x 11" (make sure you score your base or you will get a funny crease)
    • Island Indigo card stock (122923) - 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Ink: Pool Party (126982), Tangerine Tango (126946), Island Indigo (126986), Whisper White Craft Ink (101731)
  • Embellishments: Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Ovals Collection Framelits (129381)
    • Fancy Fan embossing folder (127751)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
    • Whisper White Embossing Powder (109132)
    • Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930)
    • Heat Tool (129053)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.




No comments:

Post a Comment