Thursday, February 14, 2013

Butterfly Card

Happy Valentine's Day! I figured you are probably past needing Valentine inspiration, so I'm giving you Springtime inspiration! After all, who isn't already ready for Spring?

I recently saw a beautiful butterfly on Stampin' Connection (a sharing site for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators), and I thought I would try to duplicate it for my post this week at Pink Paper Bakery. My butterfly did not turn out exactly like the one I saw, but I think it turned out pretty cool. There were no instructions on how she created hers, so I had to guess from looking at it.


I used a translucent piece of plastic with Crystal Effects and Pacific Point reinker, and just played around with it until I got this look. I really like the translucent look of it. This will be one of the cards we will be making in my Stamp University class.


Materials:
  • Paper:
    • Lucky Limeade card stock (122926) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Tempting Turquoise card stock (102067) - 4" x 5 1/4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730)
    • International Bizarr Designer Series Paper (126920) - 2" x 4 3/4"
  • Ink: Pacific Point Re-inker (111840)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Labels Collection Framelits (125598)
    • Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die (114507)
    • Stripes Embossing Folder (123128)
    • Crystal Effects (101055)
    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



Irrelevant Story Time: Yesterday, I picked up my 16 year old DS from school. This year he has his very first Valentine, so he is excited but seems nervous. We went to the store so he could buy her chocolates and some flowers. Today he plans on picking her up from her bus with flowers. He is thinking he is taking a whole vase, and wondering how that is suppose to work out. I told him not to worry, that I would help him with a plan to surprise her. He will probably be relieved when I tell him to bring one flower with him and surprise her with the rest later. I love that young man!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! And I LOVE that color combo; it's a favorite! LOVE your card; TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the sweetest DS Valentine Story EVER!!!!! Sooo, so cute; God bless him! :)

    ReplyDelete