Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet Little Valentine Banner

Have I mentioned how much I love the new Spring Mini Catalog? One of my favorite items, the Artisan Embellishments Kit, is filled with a variety of cool embellishments. I had no idea what I would do with them when I first saw the kit, but I knew I had to have it!

I have a little niche in my front room, that I love to decorate for the current season or holiday. I used the Artisan Embellishments Kit along with a few other goodies and made a sweet little Valentine banner. It's so cute, I thought you might like to make one too! I am offering this as a class, January 24.

 
 I made this banner with the intention of hanging on this frame. After it was completed, the frame looked a little empty, so I adhered chicken wire to the back of the frame with masking tape. This way I can easily remove it to decorate it for another holiday, and my wall paint doesn't get scratched!



 
 I used Sticky Strip to adhere the pink ribbon to the tops of the pennants. It's perfectly invisible, except when captured with a flash! 
 
Making these elements is so easy! Check out my video tutorial below!


Go easy on me, this is my first video! :)


Materials:
  • Paper: Primrose Petals, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and Pretty in Pink Card Stock; First Edition Designer Series Paper.
  • Ink: Soft Suede and Primrose Petals (for sponging)
  • Embellishments:
    • Artisan Embellishments Kit (129328)
    • Basic Pearl Jewels (1192417)
    • Antique Brads (117273)
    • Linen Thread (104199)
    • Faceted Designer Buttons (127555)
    • Mini clothes pins (from the local craft store)
  • Tools:
    • 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854)
    • Boho Blossoms Punch (119858)
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Perfect Pennants Bigz die (123126)
    • Finishing Touches Edgelit (127010)
    • Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (114507)
    • Little Leaves Sizzlit (114511)
    • Bitty Butterfly Punch (129406)
    • Full Heart Punch (119883)
    • Paper Piercing Tool (126189)
    • Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199)
    • Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.


Irrelevant story time: My daughter just recently had her 23rd birthday. She LOVES her birthday, which just happens to be New Years Eve. She, however, was not very happy that her significant other forgot her birthday. Of course she smiled right through it, and announced she would be having a Birthday 2.0! My girl is hilarious! Knowing she was going to have Birthday 2.0, helped her get through the day. I'm pretty sure the giant birthday balloon I gave her and the Dollar Store tiara and sash she donned around town helped too. I'm happy to report, Birthday 2.0 was a success! She is now wearing a pretty little ring. I'm thinking that there will be no birthday fumbles next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment