Monday, January 28, 2013

Feeling Sentimental

When I first saw this stamp set in the Sale-A-Bration catalog, I thought to myself, cute set...what in the world would I do with it. I had the chance to borrow it from my girl, Jen, and now I have to have it for myself! Luckily it's FREE with a $50 order! I love free! (Check out the Sale-A-Bration promo details.)

I love how this stamp set can totally pass as a masculine or feminine set! Most guys are simple; they like things to the point...just like this birthday card, clean and simple!

 
 I added some scoring (1/4" from the edge on all sides) and roughed up the edges, with the blade of my paper snips, to give it a little more interest. It's a bit difficult to see; it stands out much more in person. I love the new Stampin' Trimmer's scoring blade! It makes a nice score line without cutting through the card stock. I no longer need to pull out my stylus for scoring!

 
I love the look of a double mat in the same color, in this case Very Vanilla. When using Stampin' Dimensionals between the two layers, it really gives it a nice look.

 Materials:
  • Stamp Set: Feeling Sentimental (129627 wood/ 129630 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Early Espresso card stock (119686) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) 1pc 4" x 5 1/4"; 1pc 3 3/4" x 5"; 1pc 1 1/8" x 3"
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red (126968), Early Espresso (126974)
  • Tools and Accessories
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
    • Stampin' Trimmer (126889)
    • Paper Snips (103579)
 
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 
 
 
Irrelevant Story Time: My daughter calls and texts me every day, multiple times. I absolutely love that she does this, because I miss her terribly now that she is grown up and moved out. Don't get me wrong, I don't want her to move back in! If she moved next door, that would be okay. She has a crazy funny personality, and crazy funny bed head to go with it! Yesterday morning I received this text and pic from her:
 
DD: It's crazy curls Sunday! Morning!
 

 
She makes me laugh out loud! It was a great way to start off the day!
 
In case you are wondering, I did get permission to post her crazy hair pic, but I promised to post a nice hair pic too.

 

 
 
 

1 comment: