Saturday, January 12, 2013

Clean and Simple Birthday Card

All this playing with the Artisan Embellishments Kit has been fun, but today I felt like getting back to the basics with a clean and simple card. I like the bright colors from Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper, from the upcoming Sale-a-Bration catalog, against the white card base. These Brights buttons are not the same colors in the DSP, but I think it works!



Materials:
  • Stamp Set: One in a Million (126380 wood/ 126382 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Sycamore Street DSP (127540 - available Jan 22 for free*) - 2" x 4 1/4"
  • Ink: Island Indigo (126986)
  • Embellishments:
    • Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)
    • Brights Designer Buttons (119747)

Irrelevant story time: Every day, I pick up my son and his friend from high school. Sometimes there is no talking in the car, so I sing to entertain myself, and to annoy them. Today there was conversation about video games. I was not part of this conversation, but they were talking about crafting. Even though I know this is a video game term (because my husband and son say it often), I yell excitedly in the car, "I do crafting!" My son ignored me and his friend said, "not that kind of crafting". LOL

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have an amazing day with the ones you love and I wish you all the best. You're just gorgeous and talented and please keep up the good work! :)
    plastic vip cards

    ReplyDelete