Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Artisan Embellishments Kit & My Grandma

Memories of being at my grandma's house warms my heart. I love my grandma! She has always been a giver, working many years in in-home hospice, and she continues to give to this day! She remarried in the year 2000, to a very nice gentleman who owned a hobby shop in Santa Monica. This past weekend, Evett's Model Shop just celebrated 65 years! Can you believe it? I am so proud for the dedication they both have. The news is often filled with ugliness, but I promise you this article about the 65 year anniversary the shop had will make you smile!

The Artisan Embellishments Kit is full of nostalgic style pieces that reminds me of my grandma. After reading the article, I thought it would be nice to make a card for my grandparents, to let them know I love them and I'm thinking about them.

 
The doily and faceted button are the perfect touch to give this card the look I was going for! When I cut the heart away from the DSP sheet, it left a little white edge. I sponged it in Primrose Petals to mask the edge. If I had to do it again, I would have sponged it in a lighter color.


Materials:
  • Stamps: Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Pool Party card stock (122924)
    • Whisper White card stock (100730)
    • More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper (129309)
  • Ink: Pool Party (126982) and Primrose Petals (126858 - for sponging)
  • Accessories:
    • Artisan Embellishments Kit
    • White Baker's Twine (124262)
 
 

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.


No comments:

Post a Comment