Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Small Gift Idea

I always keep recyclable containers. I'm sure I have way too many, but I never know when I'm going to need one! I have a small pile of spice jars, that I have collected from Target. I have to admit, I started buying the Archer Farm brand spices, just for these jars!

Many jars have ink, such as dates printed right onto the glass. Have no fear, Staz-On cleaner takes it right off! I cleaned up my jar, and then covered it with a window sheet from Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper. I love how it turned out!


First I cut the window sheet to fit snugly around the jar, but not overlap. I used Sticky Strip on both ends, and burnished them onto the window sheet. Next, I peeled off the protection layers and slowly rolled it around the jar, making sure it was a tight fit.

When you get your pack of DSP, it has tissue paper in there, to protect the window sheets. I brayered the tissue paper (make sure to do this on Grid Paper or other scrap paper) with Cherry Cobbler to match the window sheet.


This tissue paper is really thin, so be careful not to tear it. Let it dry completely, then wrap snugly around the lid.
 
 
I finished mine off with a message inside!

I made a matching tag, using the 1 3/4" circle punch. I punched the window sheet, as well as Whisper White card stock. These are not adhered together. I punched an 1/8" hole and tied them onto the jar with Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine.

 
 Fill the jar with foil or white covered candies, so they don't take away from the design.
 
Materials:
  • Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (126901)
  • Cherry Cobbler ink (126966)
  • Cherry Cobbler/ White Baker's Twine (123125)
  • 1 3/4" Circle Punch (119850)
  •  
     
     
     
    It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment