Saturday, December 8, 2012

Peppermint Stick Snowflake

Who doesn't like Christmas candy? (Or Halloween candy, Easter candy, Valentine's Day candy, LOL!) I just think Christmas candy is so whimsical, that's why I decorate my house like a gingerbread house at Christmas time. I've been thinking about making a a candy cane snowflake for a couple weeks now. When I saw this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary, I knew it was the perfect time to create one!


I used the candy cane from the Happy Hour stamp set, stamped it six times on Whisper White card stock, and cut them out. I layered them on top of Whisper White and Real Red snowflakes from
the Snow Flurry Bigz die. Of course you can't have a snowflake without sparkle! I love the rhinestones and Silver Glimmer paper paired up with this delicious snowflake.


 
The sentiment "Christmas Cheer" is also from the Happy Hour stamp set. I used a marker to ink up only those words from entire sentiment. It ended up being the perfect size.


Materials:
  • Stamp Set: Happy Hour
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 1pc 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 1 pc 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
    • Real Red card stock (102482) - 4" x 5 1/4"
    • Silver Glimmer Paper (124005) - 1 1/8" x 4 1/4"
  • Ink: Real Red Classic Ink pad (126949) and Real Red Stampin' Write Marker (100052)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335)
    • Snow Flurry Bigz die (127813)
    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

I just LOVE the Happy Hour stamp set. Here are a couple of other Christmas cards I have made using this set:
Peppermint Martini
Peace on Earth




It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.




17 comments:

  1. Oh I do love this!! The layer of candy canes is brilliant! Just really adds interest to the snowflakes! And I love the touches of sparkle! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH!! I could just eat this card up! I LOVE the cleverly placed candy canes! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooooo very clever - I LOVE this candy cane snowflake! The colours you've used on your card are very elegant - what a beautiful Christmas card you've created! thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that?! Love it! The candy canes really make that snowflake pop! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I had fun playing along!

      Delete
  5. What a brilliant idea to use the candy canes for a snowflake! Your card is really eye-catching - the colors and bling are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now Deena...that is just too STINKIN' CUTE! I love the candy cane snowflake and hope you don't mind that I CASE it for a holiday gift I'm making! Stunning card...I'm always a fan of Red and White for Christmas! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Connie! I would be honored for you to CASE my card! I had fun playing, and can't wait to do it again.

      Delete
  7. BRILLIANT!!! I LOVE how you used the candy cane as another snowflake...absolutelyWONDERFUL!!! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever use of the candy cane Deena, congrats on the top 3 pic too

    ReplyDelete