Friday, December 14, 2012

Everything Eleanor Color Challenge

I love a good challenge! Create with Connie and Mary has a gorgeous color challenge this week, and I couldn't wait to get started when I saw it last Thursday. I had one set back, I didn't have any Champagne Glimmer paper! Yikes! My silly sister told my I was going to have to sit this one out...I don't think so! LOL! Lucky for me, my awesome upline lives around the corner, so I swiped a bit of it from her.

 
After I had my design, and before I adhered everything together. I cut a rectangle from the inside of the Glimmer paper layer. I don't like to waste, and nobody will know. Shhh!
 
First I stamped the swirly image from Everything Eleanor (love this set!). I inked it up first with a Versamark pad, then used a sponge dauber to add Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. I then stamped the image, added clear embossing powder and heat set it. It looks so much prettier in person!

The flower is made using the Scallop Circle punch. I clipped every other petal, and then curled them toward the center. I stacked two of these and fluffed them up. The flower center is a Very Vanilla button, topped with a 1/2" circle of Champagne Mist Glimmer Paper.

The little butterflies were a challenge. The Glimmer paper was a bit too thick for the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I peeled off a layer of the backing, then sent it through the Big Shot again. Worked like a charm!


 Materials:
  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor (124162 wood/ 124164 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 3 3/4" x 5"
    • Champagne Glimmer Paper - (127885) - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Ink: Versamark (102283), and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806)
  • Embellishments:
    • Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
    • Neutrals Designer Buttons (119743)
  • Tools:
    • 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854)
    • 1/2" Circle Punch (119869)
    • Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138)
 
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.


15 comments:

  1. SO glad you didn't sit this one out - it is GORGEOUS!! I will have to try the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and clear embossing! Thanks for joining us this week in the Thursday Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! This is stunning!!! LOVE your flower! So soft and delicate and beautiful! Love how you stamped the swirl! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Deena. I love how you went non-Christmassy and gave us a beautiful, elegant floral card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's hard to get past Christmas when we are right in the middle of it! I'm trying to mix things up a bit.

      Delete
  4. My first comment seems to have been lost so I'll try it again. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for the tip with the glimmer paper and the embosslit. I'm glad you were able to get some so you could play along with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to post twice!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! Just love that little pop of glimmer paper...very effective! I love how you conserved your glimmer paper. I do that whenever I can! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Glimmer paper s precious, lol!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha - I laughed when I read your story about the champagne glimmer paper - I didn't have any either, so I had to order it! Your card is just so beautiful and I love how you used the challenge colours for something other than a Christmas card. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already placed my order this month, so I was glad my upline came through for me. Lucky for me, she always does!

      Delete
  7. Oh my...how elegant and fun! LOVE how you made your flowers...BRILIANT! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mary! Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clean elegance of your card, Deena...just perfectly done! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete