My Home Grown Art has moved. I look forward to reading your comments over at the new place! www.myhomegrownart.com


Friday, November 9, 2012

Stampin' Success Magazine

Stampin' Success is a magazine that Stampin' Up! sends out to Demonstrators to give us business tips and ideas. I love opening up my mailbox and finding a magazine full of awesomeness! I have built quite a collection of these magazines, and sometimes when I'm having a creative stall, I start flipping through them. Here is a sample of Stampin' Success for you to check out. Want the full version? Join my team of Demonstrators, and get a free color family of ink pads while you are at it. There is no risk or obligation to purchase anything more!

Tonight I found a layout that was actually a 6" x 6" scrapbook page. I thought, "that might make a pretty cute card!" So away I went with my brand new stamp set, Everything Eleanor. The scrapbook page layout had a photo where my Whisper White square is. I just filled it with Everything Eleanor images!

I stamped the swirly image first, in Lucky Limeade. Then I stamped the Basic Gray image on a separate sheet of card stock, cut it out, then adhered it to my project. I flipped it over to trim off the excess. It blends in nicely, and almost looks likes it's masked.
 
I stamped the larger flower twice, cut out the inside portion of the flower and added it back to the large flower with a Stampin' Dimensional. I love this look! Since this is an elegant stamp set, I added pearls to the flower centers to give them the elegance they deserve.
 
 
 
Materials:
  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor (124162 wood/ 126164 clear) and Pursuit of Happiness (121907 wood/ 121970 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Basic Gray card stock (121044) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 3 1/2" x 4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 1/4" x 3 3/4"
    • Baja Breeze card stock scraps (111352) - for flowers and banner
    • Various Designer Series Papers; I used Polka Dot Parade (126902) and Neutrals Collection Paper Stack (117157)
  • Ink: Basic Gray (126981), Lucky Limeade (126984), Island Indigo (126986)
  • Accessories: Basic Pearls (119247), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



No comments:

Post a Comment