Friday, November 16, 2012

On the First Day of Christmas...

...♪my truelove gave to me, Betsy's Blossoms bird in a pear tree!♪ How cute is this?!!! I was determined to make a holiday card with this stamp set, that was totally different from the last.

Oh how I was wishing I had the Tulip Frame embossing folder, but I was too lazy to get up and use a life line to borrow one. I'm thinking it just might be on my next order. Thank goodness for basic border scoring techniques!
 

This is really just basic stuff going on here. The big flower from Betsy's Blossom was stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock, then punched out with the 2 1/2" circle punch, and then a little sponging around the edges. The bird is inked with Cherry Cobbler and stamped onto Very Vanilla, then cut out. I used a craft knife to cut around some of the leaves on the blossom, so the bird could nest inside of it. The pears are cut out from Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper. Core'dinations card stock and the Woodgrain embossing folder were used to create the tree trunk.


Materials:

  • Stamp: Betsy's Blossoms (126004 wood/ 126006)
  • Paper:
    • Early Espresso card stock (119686) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 4" x 5 1/4", plus extra for bird and blossom
    • Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock (127848)
    • Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper - (126895)
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade (126984), Cherry Cobbler (126966)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die Cutting machine (113439)
    • Woodgrain embossing folder (127821)
    • 2 1/2" circle punch (120906)
    • Linen Thread (104199)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 

 

1 comment: