Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Gingerbread House

My gingerbread decorations have nothing to do with paper crafting, but I wanted to share them with you, because you are crafty, and many of the things are homemade! I love that my family and I created many of these decorations together, and that we get to enjoy them year after year!


These hard candy lights are made using clear sandwich clam shell containers, bowls, and cellophane.


Cotton candy is quilting batting, spray painted pink, then hot glued around a PVC pipe. I used Staz-on cleaner to take off the printing on the pipe. The pipe slips over a garden stake to hold it in the ground.

I love this No Licking sign! I printed letters from Word, rubbed pencil on the backside of the paper, then placed them and traced over the front of the letter to transfer the outline of each letter onto the board. Then I hand painted the letters. My husband took care of the hardware part, screwing on to a post we already had.

 
My wreath bow is sad, and needs to be replaced! I made each of these gumdrops from little Styrofoam balls, squeezing them and flattening the tops until they looked like gumdrops. Then each of them were painted and glittered!
 
 
Plywood, and a handy husband! I used a projector to blow up an image onto a piece of plywood. My wonderful husband cut it out and drilled holes around the perimeter to pop lights through. I added the paint. (I always get to do the fun part!) I almost forgot the lollipops! Super simple Styrofoam circles!
 
Gumdrop walkway made by painting pots, and glittering them, followed by a couple clear coats.
 

All the decorations came together so well, to create my gingerbread house! Here are some more night time photos.
 




I hope sharing my handmade decor with you, gives you some inspiration to make some of your own holiday decor!

5 comments:

  1. I love the lights with the containers! Where did you get the clear clam shell containers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU CAN FIND THE CLEAR CONTAINERS AT COSTCO...SMART AND FINAL ALSO IF YOU HAVE ONE WHERE YOU LIVE.

      Delete
    2. YOU CAN FIND THE CLEAR CONTAINERS AT COSTCO...SMART AND FINAL ALSO IF YOU HAVE ONE WHERE YOU LIVE.

      Delete
  2. ¿Como has conseguido la textura para el algodón de azúcar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Eva. El algodón es guata para hacer mantas. La compré en Joann's Fabric. Es blanco pero la pinté con pistola de pintura. Tiene sentido? Lo siento, estoy aprendiendo español por eso espero que entienda. :) Dígame si tienes más preguntas.

      Delete