Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday Mini Catalog Ornament

I fell in love with these ornaments the minute I set my eyes on the cover of the Holiday Mini Catalog. They are so pretty, and I had no idea, until I made one, just how pretty they are in person. I have a small table that I like to decorate for each holiday. Although I have seen plenty of Christmas decorations up around the neighborhood, I plan to wait until after Thanksgiving to hang these over my table. I really have little patients when it comes to this sort of thing, so they might just go up Thanksgiving day!



UPDATE! They are now hanging. I love this little decorated area!
 



These ornaments are very simple to put together, although they can be time consuming. First you need to cut out 20 of the ornaments of your choice (one large, one small), from the Holiday Ornaments Framelits. You will score and fold 15 of each size, which will leave you 5 of each size without a scoreline.
 
 
Then adhere 3 of the folded ornaments together, matching up one side of one, to one side of another, using liquid Tombo adhesive.
 
 
After you adhere the 3 together, glue on one of the flat pieces to the backside. Continue to do this with all the ornaments. You should end up with 5 of each size.

 
 
If you want to add Dazzling Details to the edges to make them sparkle, now is the time to do that before you assemble all the pieces. This was the most time consuming part for me, but I'm so glad I took the time.
 
Next, line up the larger sized ornament on your Silicone Craft sheet. I placed mine on top of my grid paper, so I could see right through it and align them just the way I wanted.
 

Squeeze a good amount of hot glue right in the center, and the gently push the ornaments into the glue. Add more glue on top to make sure they are secure.
 
 
Continue building, adding more glue, and then the smaller ornaments.
 
 
Cut a large snowflake with the Snow Flurry Bigz die, out of silver glimmer paper. Clip the snowflake stems off of the center, and punch the remaining circle with a 3/4" circle punch. You can use a Post-It note attached to the circle, to give you more length to fit inside the punch. Continue building adding more hot glue, your snowflake stems, and finally your 3/4" circle.
 
 
 
 
Pull your ornament off of the silicone sheet, and add a coordinating 1 3/4" circle to the backside, using liquid Tombo Adhesive.
 
 
Punch a small hole in the top of your ornament and hang with Baker's Twine. Then have fun making more!
 
 
 
Materials:
 
  • Card Stock: Color (Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist) and Whisper White; Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)
  • Tools and Accessories: Snow Flurry Bigz die (127813), Holiday Ornaments Framelits (127816), Dazzling Details (124117), 1 3/4" circle punch (119850), 3/4" circle punch (119873), Hot glue gun, Silicone Craft Sheet (127853)
  • Optional Embellishments (used on Limeade ornament): 5/8" White Organza ribbon (114319), Vintage Faceted Buttons (127555), Basic Pearls 119247)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment