Friday, November 30, 2012

Everything Eleanor Snowflake

I was up last night, playing with My Digital Studio, when I heard a chime from my inbox. I clicked over and saw a color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary, and I went to bed dreaming of it. Ahhh, I LOVE sweet stamping dreams!
When I woke up this morning, I had to take care of the family first (I love them, but sometimes they cramp my style, LOL!), then I went up to my stamp room and created this.

2012 Create Thursday-008
 
UPDATE: My card was chosen as one of the top 3 picks!
 
First of all, I LOVE the Glimmer paper, so I was so excited that it was part of the color challenge! Second, I never think to use Wisteria Wonder (because my card stock is alphabetized in a file drawer and I guess I rarely get back that far ☺), so I was happy to dig it out and put it to use.

 
In case you were wondering, I did stamp the main element on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it out by hand. I thought this would be easier than masking or logistically placing the stamps. I altered the medium size snow flake by snipping triangles out between the 'branches' (I don't know what else to call them!). I like the elongated look rather than having a circle in the middle. I messed up one of the glimmer snowflakes when I cranked it through the Big Shot, so I decided to cut off a few of the ends and embellish my card with them.


Materials:
  • Stamp Sets: Everything Eleanor (124162 wood/ 124164 clear) and Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood/ 127802 clear)
  • Paper
    • Baja Breeze card stock (111352) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Wisteria Wonder card stock (122922) - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
    • Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder (126985), Baja Breeze (126960)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Snow Flurry Bigz die (127813)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Deena. You nailed the color challenge with your balance of colors and all that lovely white space. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! Love the simplicity of it, too! And what a genius you are to alter the snowflakes! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this so beautiful and so very elegant! Love your use of this stamp set and the addition of the snowflake to make it a Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super super cute card. Love the placement of all of you elements and how you used the colors this week. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love how you took a stamp set that is not Christmas-y and turned it into a beautiful Christmas card! Love how you placed all the stamps just perfectly to wrap around the snowflake. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wonderful using that set for Christmas!!! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out very pretty! I love that you used Everything Eleanor on a holiday card. And yes sweet dreams about stamping are the best! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary.
    Monika Davis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a FABULOUS composition! I love how you made the Everything Elenor into a beautiful wintery set! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love it! It would work as a winter birthday card too! I LOVE the layout and I just love Everything Eleanor! I think this layout for a Valentine's card would be stunning also! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete