Thursday, November 15, 2012

Betsy's Blossom's Christmas

Today, over at Pink Paper Bakery, I shared a Christmas card, using a non-traditional Christmas stamp set. I love to come up with ideas like this, because it extends the versatility of the stamp set!

Betsy's Blossoms was a set that I didn't think I liked very much when I first saw it in the catalog. Then I saw beautiful cards that others had made using this set, and decided maybe it is a 'got-to-have-it' stamp set!

 
I turned the flower into a wreath by punching a 1 1/4" circle out of the sticky side of a post it, and placing it directly onto my stamp, before I inked it. I inked up the stamp, then removed the circle BEFORE I stamped it onto the tag (Two Tags Bigz die). The tag does have a little score line which shows up more after stamping on it. I used a Blender Pen with Gumball Green ink, and carefully completed the image on the line. The rest of the score line gets covered with the bird, which is hand cut and popped up with Dimensionals. I extended the length of the tag by cutting a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP, rounding the edges, and then adhering it to the bottom of the tag.
 
To add the ribbon, cut a slit in the top of the wreath, and slip the ribbon into it, adhering to the back side of the tag. Put the other end of the ribbon through the tag hole, and adhere it to the back side of the tag as well. Use a separate piece of ribbon to tie a bow, and adhere with a glue dot.
 
 
Materials: 
  • Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms (126004 wood/ 126006), Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Real Red card stock (102482) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - for the tag, bird, and flowers
    • Gumball Green card stock (126840) - 5/8" x 3 3/4"
    • Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper (126901): Espresso Pattern 1 3/4" x 5 1/4", Real Red Pattern 1" x 2 3/4"
  • Ink: Gumball Green (126861), Real Red (126949), Early Espresso (126974)
  • Accessories: 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon (119251), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), glue dots (103683)
 
 
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

 


1 comment: