Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Friendly Challenge

I received, with joy today, a friendly challenge from a friend. She saw this lovely Christmas card and asked me what I would do to with this layout. Everything Eleanor immediately popped into my head; probably because it's new (to me) and I just love to play with a new stamp set! Thanks for the inspiration, Sera!


First I stamped the image in the center (what do you call these?) with Sahara Sand.
Then I stamped the swirly image with Lucky Limeade; I'm totally diggin' this color these days! Added Baja Breeze flowers from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, with Basic Pearl centers....so pretty! After I chose this sentiment, I decided to throw in the birds. For the bottom right bird; I inked her in Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand, then sponged on a little Not Quite Navy, stamped onto a separate piece of card stock, and cut her out. For darker bird was a little more difficult, because I reversed the image. I inked him up with Not Quite Navy and Early Espresso. Then I gently rolled a brayer over the stamp, transferring the image to the brayer. Then I rolled the brayer onto white card stock and it flipped the image. (Disclaimer: I did this 3 times before I liked the result!) I used a blender pen to clean up the image, then cut him out and added him to the card. Last I used a blender pen with Sahara Sand ink, and added some shadows under that center image thingy and the birds. Somebody please comment and tell me what this thingy is!

Materials Needed:

  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor (124162 wood/ 126164 clear) and One in a Million (126380 wood/ 126382 clear)
  • Paper: Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and Baja Breeze card stock (111352) scraps
  • Ink: Sahara Sand (126976), Lucky Limeade (126984), Not Quite Navy (126971)
  • Tools and Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Basic Pearls (119247), Brayer (102395)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



 



Don't forget this lovely kit that is currently available. The Fancy Friends Kit, includes the same cute little flowers that I used on today's card. I just love them! Everything you need to send a quick note to a friend is in this kit, including the stamps and ink!



No comments:

Post a Comment