Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Clothespin Wreath

I saw a fabulous clothespin wreath made by a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, named Michelle Suit, and knew right away that I wanted to CASE it! I had a fun time creating it, and it was easier than I thought, so I decided to share with you how I created this wreath.
 
 
First, draw a wreath form onto a piece of cardboard. I used a 9" plate to draw the outer circle, and a 7" bowl to draw the inner circle. It is important to only have a 1" width on your form.


Cut out the form using a craft knife, starting with the center first (so the form stays more stable when you cut on the outside line).
 
 
Clip the clothespins all around the form.
 
 
Cut strips of Designer Series Paper to fit the top of the clothespins. Mine measured 3/8" x 3 5/16" (one notch past 3 1/4"). Lay out the paper pieces on top of the clothespins, to get an idea of the pattern you want. Adhere the paper pieces using Collage Podge or Mod Podge. Using a foam brush, add the adhesive to both the clothespin and the backside of the paper. Use a paper towel (not your icky fingers) to smooth out any air bubbles. Continue doing this until all clothespins are covered. Optional: use a sanding block around the back and side edges, to 'blend' the paper and the clothespin. It also gives it a little bit of a worn look, which I prefer.
 
 
Cut out leaves  to match your patterned paper. I used the Autumn Accents Bigz Die.
 
 
Give your leaves some life by sponging the edges with the same color ink as card stock, and curling the edges. You can also run them through an embossing folder to give them texture.
 
 
I embossed the cap of this acorn with the Square Lattice embossing folder.
 
 
Layer the leaves, acorns, and buttons, on your wreath. I used Muli-Purpose liquid adhesive (Tombo brand), as well as Stampin' Dimensionals. I also spritzed mine with ink for some added interest.
 
I plan to hang mine inside of an empty picture frame using wide ribbon, as soon as I take my Halloween decor down!
 
 
 
Materials:
 
  • Clothespins (The Dollar Store is a good place to buy these).
  • Cardboard for a 9" outside diameter, 7" inside diameter, circle
  • Paper:
    • International Bazaar Designer Series Paper (126920)
    • Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party.
  • Ink Pads: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party.
  • Tools & Accessories
    • Autumn Accents Bigz Die (127812)
    • Square Lattice embossing folder (119976)
    • Naturals Designer Buttons (127554)
    • Linen Thread (104199)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
    • Liquid Mulit-Purpose Glue (110755)
    • Color Spritzer Tool (107066)
    • Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker
My customer service goes beyond your order! It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment