Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fab Friday Color Challenge

Fab Friday currently has a color challenge going on. Oh boy was this a challenge! I'm always up for a good challenge, so I decided to double my challenge and try out the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches as well!

 
 

I have to be honest; I struggled badly with the color combo, but I got it to work! My trick was to add only a little of the Summer Starfruit. The bow wasn't working for me on this card. In my opinion, it's better to leave something off, than to have too much on a card.


Supplies
  • Stamp Set: Perfectly Preserved (126690 wood/ 126692 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Sahara Sand card stock (121043) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (fold for base)
    • Midnight Muse card stock (126843) - 1pc 3 1/2" x 4" and 1pc 1 1/4" x 4 1/4"
    • Summer Starfruit card stock (126839) - 3 1/4" x 4 1/8"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 1/8" x 4"
    • Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (125409) - 1" x 4 1/4"
  • Ink: Midnight Muse (126860), Summer Starfruit (126991), and Island Indigo (126986)
  • Tools and Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)


My customer service goes beyond your order. It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.


5 comments:

  1. Deena, this is so wonderful!! Love the little touch of Starfruit (and I agree that sometimes it is just better to leave that troublesome thing off). Fab use of both challenges! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fresh CAS design! The small bit of Summer Starfruit is just the right amount! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job combining the colors and sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design! Great job! It's not overwhelming but so pretty! :) Thanks for playing along at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! It's clean and simple, but very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete